Invisalign® clear aligners for hassle-free, discreet teeth straightening
Lead dentist Dr. Joyce Kahng has designed a dental studio with your utmost comfort and experience in mind. No stone has been left unturned in her efforts to create an office in Costa Mesa, California, that is spa-like, warm, and inviting. She has also invested in technologies that support this mission and align well with the “feel” of this “dental home.” Invisalign® is a beautiful fit with these amenities and complementary technologies. It is, indeed, a high-tech way to straighten teeth and correct bite problems.
Clear aligners at Orange And Magnolia Dental Studio
Traditional braces use a system of stainless-steel wires Traditional braces use a system of stainless-steel wires and brackets, which place consistent pressure on the teeth to move them into their proper positions. These braces are fixed (not removable), and traditionally the silver-colored brackets and wires have been noticeable when patients smile.
Clear aligners such as Invisalign® use a series of oral appliances to reposition teeth. These appliances or trays are customized to fit your mouth. When worn as directed, they place consistent force on the teeth. Similar to braces, the Invisalign® aligners gradually reposition the teeth. When we say, “wear as directed,” these aligners can be removed when eating meals and when brushing and flossing. To assure your treatment stays on track, compliance is essential. You must keep the aligners on for at least 20 to 22 hours each day. Each aligner corresponds with a different phase or steps in the treatment process. So, after around two weeks, you will begin wearing the next aligner in the series of aligner trays, which corresponds with the next stage of treatment. For this reason, it is also essential to wear the trays in the correct order. Dr. Kahng will check that treatment is progressing as it should be every six weeks or so.
- Discreet, the trays are clear because the proprietary SmartTrack® plastic is transparent.
- Hassle-free, the trays are easy to wear, adjust to, and care for
- Precise aligners use the same principles as traditional orthodontic treatment to effectively move teeth and correct bite issues.
- Efficient treatment times are comparable to braces.
- Versatile, over time, Invisalign’s design and materials have evolved to where it can correct more modest “cosmetic” issues as effortlessly as it can fix more extensive bite problems.
- Comfortable, SmartTrack® is also smooth – no wires and brackets to poke at the insides of the mouth or to potentially break.
- Promotes health, good nutrition is maintained, and excellent oral hygiene since the aligners may be removed when eating and cleaning the teeth and gums.
As a modern orthodontic treatment, Invisalign® technology allows Dr. Kahng to show you exactly how the aligners reposition your teeth throughout the straightening process. She can show you what your new smile will look like by using sophisticated software and 3-D modeling. Schedule your consultation at our dental studio, aptly located at Orange Avenue and Magnolia Street, by calling (949) 642-0608.