Welcome to Orange + Magnolia Dental Studio where Modern Dentistry meets the highest Standards of Service
At Orange + Magnolia Dental Studio, founder and owner Dr. Joyce Kahng provides south Orange County with a thoughtful and comprehensive approach to dental care in a serene and intimate setting. Built on the cornerstone of tailored preventative care, her philosophy lends to minimally invasive dental procedures and aesthetic enhancements that help patients feel their most confident selves.
Our studio location at the cross streets of Orange and Magnolia in Costa Mesa, California, prioritizes the patient experience- each provider is booked one patient at a time and focuses on delivering only the highest standards of service in a high tech facility. It is the perfect blend of modern dentistry that preserves some of the more traditional aspects you would find in a friendly neighborhood practice.
Empowering our patients
At the cornerstone of a healthy and stunning smile are routine visits to our dental studio for regular checkups and cleanings. The facilities at Orange + Magnolia Dental Studio are equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment to capture images of your teeth with minimal radiation. Drs. Kahng and Julianne use their years of training and expertise to provide comprehensive examinations that identify and diagnose dental conditions including but not limited to dental decay, periodontal (gum) disease, malocclusions, and oral cancer screenings. Both believe that early detection is the key to improved prognosis and more conservative treatment options.
An important part of the initial comprehensive examination is also creating a tailored gameplan to enhance oral care at home with respect to a patient’s unique circumstances: diet, stress, and medical conditions. Dr. Kahng firmly believes that dental wellness is a window to overall health. Our wonderful dental hygienist shares in this philosophy and works alongside the Doctors to educate patients on techniques to keep their mouths healthy. She makes thoughtful recommendations for products that will enhance homecare and may additionally recommend dental sealants or fluoride supplementation as needed.
Technology is our ally
Presenting a fully digital modern dental practice and work flow. Dr. Kahng embraces cutting edge technology to not only provide patients with tools that aid in precise methods of early detection, but also to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere that puts patient comfort first. A few dental technologies we have invested in:
- Digital X-rays: less radiation exposure as compared with traditional films
- Intraoral Cameras: Specialized photographs that aid in conservative treatment planning
- Computer Assisted Anesthesia, “The Wand”: We are one of the few practices in south Orange County to go “syringe-less”, providing patients with more comfortable injections.
- iTero Element 5D: Reduces gagging to traditional dental molds with 3D digital scanning and produces TimeLapsed data to compare diagnostic, restorative, and orthodontic comparisons.
- Near Infrared Imaging Technology (NIRI): optical diagnostic tool that aids in detection of inteproximal caries without the use of ionizing radiation
Superior treatment options
We offer specialized treatments that are not readily offered by other dental providers:
- 4 Whitening Options: KöR® Whitening to lift the toughest stains, even those caused by tetracycline, Glo Whitening® for a 1 hour refresh, Zoom® Take Home Whitening Kits, Individual Opalesence® Take Home Syringes at 15% and 35%
- Virtual Smile Consultations: Dr. Kahng is one of the first providers in South Orange County to offer potential patients a convenient consultation from home. Perfect for patients who want Veneers, Invisalign®, and Cosmetic Bonding.
- Invisalign® clear aligners utilizing the iTero 5d Element
- Metal Free Facility: Safe removal of “silver” amalgam fillings
- Composite Veneer Specialist utilizing the Marshall Hanson Method
- Porcelain Veneers designed and hand crafted by a master ceramist
- Neuromodulators (Botox Cosmetic® or Dysport®) to help with Teeth Grinding and Gummy Smiles
- White Spot Removal utilizing DMG’s Icon®
- Black Triangle Closures utilizing Bioclear®
- Laser assisted Gum Lifting
- And More!
The team at Orange + Magnolia Dental Studio strives to ensure that all of our patients feel welcomed, safe, and taken care of. Our providers are fully vaccinated.
Face coverings are mandatory for the safety of all patients and employees.
Coronavirus protocols include:
- Non-contact temperature checks
- Limited Studio Capacity
- Medical grade air filtration systems
- Hydrogen Peroxide pre rinses
- Coronavirus Screening Forms
- Meticulous cleaning and disinfection of surface between patients
You’re in great (and gentle) hands.
Virtual Smile Specialist
Veneers Bonding Invisalign Botox
We’re currently offering complimentary Virtual Cosmetic Consultation services with Dr. Joyce Kahng, Smile Virtual expert and one of the first dentists in Orange County to offer Virtual Cosmetic consultations.
STEP 1Upload a photo of your smile and full face.
STEP 2We will create a personalized video with recommendations,
estimate of cost, and number of appointments.
STEP 3View your video and schedule your in-person appointment.
Our Cosmetic Services
Bonding is a conservative way to
repair slightly chipped, discolored
teeth, fill in spaces between teeth
and along the gumline.
We custom design Veneers to enhance smiles and complement your unique facial features, making you feel more confident and attractive!
Actual images of patients
Joyce Kahng, DDS
DOCTOR + FOUNDER
Owner Dr. Joyce Kahng delivers dental excellence to each patient in her care,
focusing on the patient’s individual needs and goals. By taking the time to
build a relationship based on mutual trust, respect, and open communication,
she ensures a patient is able to relax and know they are safe during their visits.
Dr. Kahng’s specialty is in a highly technique sensitive area of dentistry:
minimally invasive procedures that restore and enhance a patient’s smile.
This includes Porcelain Veneers and Cosmetic Bonding, ranging from Composite
Veneers to Black Triangle treatments.
Her practice utilizes the most modern dental technology to create a more enjoyable
dental experience. From a Computer-Assisted Anesthesia System to state of the art
digital scanning technologies that utilize Near Infrared Technology, she is able to
provide a more comfortable syringeless, metal-free facility, including proper removal
and isolation of silver fillings.
In-house Insurance Plans
Please call the office to inquire about our in-house
insurance plan! For most patients this is more cost-effective
than paying for an individual insurance plan and covers
more of the procedures patients actually need.
Care Credit Financing
We offer Care Credit Financing to all of our patients.
Contact us to learn more!